Gregory M. Klipp, a senior attorney at The Jones Law Firm PC, represents and advises individuals, utilities, landowners, developers and businesses in matters of water resource development, regulatory permitting (air, water, wastewater, oil, and gas), land use development and subdivision, utility service agreements, business management and transactions, water rights, natural resource rights, oil and gas development, groundwater conservation, real estate transactions, business development and transactions, state regulation (RRC, TCEQ, and PUC ), service area disputes, and utility rates.
Prior to joining The Jones Law Firm PC, Greg Klipp worked as a solo practitioner in Austin, Texas, and as a law clerk in the State of Rhode Island Office of the Attorney General's Environmental Law Division.
- J.D., Roger Williams University School of Law, 2009
- RWU Law Environmental Moot Court, Appellate Advocate 2007-08
- RWU Law Environmental Moot Court, Appellate Advocate 2008-09
- Member of the Environmental Law Moot Court Team
- B.S. Environmental Management, Indiana University, 2006
Publications & Awards
- “Procedural Changes from TCEQ to PUC, an Attorney’s Prospective,” Independent Water and Sewer Companies of Texas, Inc., Spring 2018
- “Unrecorded Easements and Other Title Matters,” Independent Water and Sewer Companies of Texas, Inc., Fall 2016
- “Understanding Texas Surface Water Rights,” Halfmoon Education, Inc., June 2015
- Semifinalist, 2009 National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- Represent purchaser in the prosecution of first sale, transfer and merger application for a water utility before the PUC, including approval of a lease purchase agreement between an investor owned utility and municipal utility district.
- Represent developers and utilities in negotiation and execution of utility service agreements for new residential and commercial developments.
- Represent landowners and regulated entities in compliant proceedings before the PUC, TCEQ, and RRC.
- Worked with developer on the formation of a property owners association to serve new residential subdivision.
- Represented oil and gas operators in the defense of disposal permit applications and good-faith claims before the RRC.
- Represent purchaser utility in the preparation and execution of utility purchase and sale agreements and the prosecution of sale, transfer and merger applications before the PUC.
- Represent landowners in eminent domain proceedings.
In his free time, Greg enjoys mountain biking and exploring Austin's great outdoors and fantastic restaurants with his wonderful wife and two kids.
Please contact us for representation.