Austin Public Utility Lawyer
Let the Attorneys at The Jones Law Firm PC Keep an Eye on Compliance Matters for your Public Utility
Whether you operate a small system or a multi-state enterprise in Texas, the Austin public utility attorneys at The Jones Law Firm PC have over 50 years of experience acting as outside counsel to public utilities. Our public utility lawyers in Austin can help with everything from drafting simple contracts for use in facility build-out to TCEQ and PUC compliance.
Experienced with water acquisitions & sales, transfer and mergers, The Jones Law Firm PC’s public utility lawyers in Austin, TX have the know-how to shepherd your entity from the offer stage through to closing.
Representative Experience of Austin Public Utility Lawyers
- First law firm in the State of Texas to assist a water utility in a purchase of another utility using the fair market valuation process at the PUC
- Serve as outside general counsel to retail public utility
- Obtain new Certificates of Convenience and Necessity
- Close multiple STM’s (utility acquisitions) before the PUC
- Successfully execute Dual Certification Applications for water utilities before the PUC
- Negotiate utility service agreements between utilities and land developers
- Represent utility before the PUC in rulemaking