Public Entity Representation Attorneys in Austin
Understand How the Rules for Public Entity Affect Your Business
At The Jones Law Firm PC, we understand that the rules for a public entity differ significantly from the rules for business entities. Whether it be compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act or responding to public information and open records requests pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, our team has the expertise to serve as outside general counsel for your public entity.
We have experience working with the following and more:
- Municipal Utility Districts
- Water Control and Improvement Districts
- Special Utility Districts
- Water Supply Corporations
If you represent such an entity, we can act as the custodian of your public records and advise you on regulatory compliance under the Texas Government Code, the Texas Local Government Code, industry-specific statutes, and state regulations. Reach out to our public entity representation attorneys in Austin to learn more about our services.
What The Jones Law Firm PC Can Do for Your Organization
The team at The Jones Law Firm PC has experience in these areas:
- Public-Private Partnership (“P3”) development and management
- Counsel to public entities
- Acquisition of rights-of-way, easements, and other real property by condemnation using eminent domain authority and other acceptable means;
- Infrastructure funding, development, operations, and management
- Management of utilities and non-utilities
- Open Meetings Act compliance
- Public Information Act compliance
- Regulatory filings and compliance at both the federal and state levels
- Representation before the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Creation of a water supply corporation or other special districts to convey and manage the development of a water system, including procurement, treatment, and delivery
The team at The Jones Law Firm PC has served as outside legal counsel to a public-private partnership for water infrastructure development. The public entity representation attorneys in Austin at The Jones Law Firm PC have managed the complex regulatory and contractual compliance involved with developing large-scale water infrastructure to serve the growing demand for water in Texas using large investment funds as a source of capital and structuring that P3 as a tax-exempt entity.
Schedule a free consultation with us today to learn more about our services. Get in touch with our legal team by connecting with us online!