Small Business Attorney Austin, TX
Trusted Small Business Legal Counsel in Central Texas
Are you a small business owner looking to grow, expand, and protect your business? If so, you may benefit from contacting The Jones Law Firm PC. At our firm, our experienced small business lawyers in Austinare devoted to providing effective legal counsel for small businesses.
With over 50 years of combined legal experience, the staff at The Jones Law Firm PC knows what it takes to help a company grow, while also ensuring the business and its assets are protected. When you need a small business attorney in Austin, turn to our Texas lawyers at The Jones Law Firm.
How Can the Jones Law Firm PC Assist Your Small Business?
Our team of Austin small business attorneys can offer assistance with a variety of small business matters, from formation and governance to financial guidance.
On This Page:
- Purchase and Transfer Services
- Business Formation Services
- Small Business Financing Services
- Registered Agent Services
- Partnership, Employees and Succession Planning Services
- Why Choose The Jones Law Firm PC?
Purchase & Transfer Services in Austin
We can help you with the following, whether you are a buyer or a seller:
- Negotiating a purchase sale agreement - A business purchase agreement is the legally binding contract that transfers ownership of a small business from one owner to another.
- Negotiating an asset purchase agreement - An asset purchase agreement (also known as an APA) is necessary for buying or selling different business assets. These assets can include anything from machinery or factory equipment to property.
- Negotiating a stock transfer agreement - Similar to purchase sales and APAs, a stock transfer agreement is the legal document that facilitates the transfer of stock from one shareholder to another.
Business Formation Services in Austin
When starting your own small business, having an Austin small business attorney on your side can help ensure the process goes smoothly and you don’t miss any important details. The Jones Law Firm can help you with the following:
- Entity Formation - There are several steps you must take to form your entity so that it may legally conduct business in the State of Texas. Our team can walk you through the small business formation process.
- Small Business Organization - Determining how to organize your small business is a big task. You will need to determine your tax status, business designation, and leadership structure, just to name a few. Our team of business lawyers can help you draft and negotiate organizational and governing documents.
- Small Business Accounting - Setting up small business finances for the first time can be confusing. You will need to figure out your tax process, set up a bank account, and develop an accounting system that works for you. We can work with your tax, banking, and accounting professionals to set up the correct entity structure for your needs. We can also help you determine the best way to keep track of your small business finances.
Small Business Financing Services
Getting a small business off the ground requires capital. Most small business owners don’t have the financial resources to start their own business without help, so they need to look into small business grants and other forms of financing to get started.
Our attorneys are well-informed about small business grants available in Austin and can help negotiate financing and grant funding on your company’s behalf.
Registered Agent Services
Texas Business Organizations Code (BOC) requires all domestic or foreign filing entities to be represented by a registered agent. The job of a registered agent is to receive service of any processes, demands or notices that would be served to the entity itself. The registered agent must reside in Texas. The Jones Law Firm can serve as your registered agent in Texas.
Partnership, Employees and Succession Planning Services
Our team of Texas business lawyers can also help with the following:
- Drafting partnership agreements - A small business partnership agreement is the legally binding agreement between two business owners that explains how things like business operations, ownership stake, and decision-making should be handled. Our team can help develop a partnership agreement that meets your needs and ensures your business is well taken care of.
- Developing employee contracts - Our team can help you develop a small business employee contract or agreement that protects the rights of your company and your employees. This contract will detail the responsibilities your employee has, as well as their rights and any confidentiality obligations or conflict of interest clauses you wish to include.
- Creating business succession planning documents - Business succession planning refers to the process of designating what should happen to your business in the event that you retire, become disabled, or pass away. Our team of Texas business attorneys can help you set up this plan and ensure that your business is protected.
Why Choose the Jones Law Firm PC to Handle Your Small Business in Texas?
- Our Austin business lawyers have extensive experience with the formation and operation of business entities
- We can help clients create an effective structure of ownership and management
- Our Texas attorneys are knowledgeable about corporate planning
- We have been protecting and helping businesses grow since 1983
Contact Our Austin Business Lawyers
Ready to take your Texas business to new heights? Hire The Jones Law Firm's top-notch Houston business lawyer to safeguard your company's interests. From contracts and compliance to litigation and mergers, we've got the expertise to handle it all.
With a client-focused approach and a reputation for success, we'll help you navigate the legal landscape with confidence. Don't wait for legal troubles to arise; secure your Texas business's future now. Contact us today and let our skilled small business lawyer ensure your company's prosperity.
Free Consultation for Your Family Business & Estate Planning Needs
We have experience helping families plan for generational changes for both ownership and leadership of closely-held businesses, and we are prepared to help you. For clients interested in estate planning, our team is also able to provide comprehensive planning to ensure that their small business is in proper care should they suddenly pass away or become incapacitated.
Whether you are interested in maintaining your current success, expanding your business, or would like to transfer ownership of your business, our team can help. Call Today!