Estate Planning Attorney Austin, Texas
Planning for what will happen after you are gone can feel like an uncomfortable, daunting task. The Austin estate planning attorneys at The Jones Law Firm PC have extensive experience helping people think through all of the contingencies associated with estate planning. From small estates with few assets to mid-size estates looking to plan for generational wealth, the firm’s Austin estate planning attorneys are ready to draft your estate planning documents in order to give you peace of mind as you look to the future.
If you need help creating a will or creating a Power of Attorney document, The Jones Law Firm can help. Call us today at (512) 394-4289 or contact us online.
Sample estate planning documents include:
- Last Will and Testament - A last will and testament is a legally binding document that states how your assets should be distributed upon your death, as well as how your dependents should be cared for if you die unexpectedly.
- Revocable Living Trust - A revocable trust is one that can be used to protect your assets and yourself if you become ill, disabled, or unable to make your own decisions due to reduced mental capacity. You may make changes to a revocable living trust at any point.
- Pour-over Will - This type of will can be used alongside a living trust and allows you to funnel any additional property and assets into your trust at the time of your death.
- Advance Health Care Directive - This type of legal document allows you to set up a plan for if you become incapacitated and aren’t able to voice your own decisions relating to medical care. It essentially provides direction on how you desire to be cared for at the end of your life.
- Medical Power of Attorney - Medical Power of Attorney (POA) refers to a legal document in which you give another individual legal authority to make decisions regarding your medical care if you become incapacitated. This is very similar to an Advance Health Care Directive.
- Financial Power of Attorney - Similar to Medical POA, Financial POA is a legally binding document that grants permission to a specific individual to make decisions and manage your finances and property for you in the event you become incapacitated.
- Guardianship of the Estate - Guardianship arrangements help determine who should care for you or your minor children if you pass away or are no longer able to care for yourself or them. The individual being cared for is known as the “ward.” An Estate Guardianship appoints an individual to manage the property and financial affairs of the ward until they are able to make decisions themselves.
- Guardianship of the Person - Similarly, a Person Guardianship appoints an individual to provide care, food, supervision, and other necessities to the ward until they are able to care for themselves.
Business Succession Planning in Austin, TX
In the event that you can no longer take care of your business, it is imperative that you ensure the fate of your company is placed in the proper hands. In order to do so, we strongly advise you to retain the immediate representation of Austin business succession planning attorneys from The Jones Law Firm PC. For five decades, our team has been committed to handling legal matters pertaining to family business and business planning.
We understand that what happens to our clients' businesses in the future is a very important issue, and we take our jobs very seriously. When an individual decides to work with us, we will personally get to know them, and gain an in-depth understanding of how their business runs and operates. Our Austin business succession planning lawyers will make sure we have a clear concept of the client's specific goals and objectives so that we can help them create an estate plan that is thorough and precise.
An AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® is the highest rating an attorney can achieve, and is used to indicate their high level of professional legal ability and ethical standards. Will C. Jones, IV, our founding partner, has received this honorable distinction, which demonstrates that our founder possesses the skills, resources, and experience necessary to take on even the most complex cases.
Get help with your estate planning needs by calling the Austin estate planning lawyers at The Jones Law Firm today: (512) 394-4289!
Resources for Estate Planning in TX
Set Up Your Free Consultation Today
Regardless of how small or large your business is, we will put our best foot forth in seeing that your company thrives and that your assets are protected. In addition, if you need assistance with preparing a will or trust, we are here to help. For any questions or concerns you may have regarding estate planning, we stand ready to assist you.
To set up your free consultation, or to learn more about our services, contact us at (512) 394-4289 today.
“Responsive, knowledgeable & dependable.”- Contract Administrator - Water & Wastewater Utility
Put Our First-Rate Attorneys in Your Corner