Acquisition & Sale of Public Water Systems in Austin
Reliable Austin TCEQ Matters Attorney
Rights to water are contentious in Texas. Our Austin TCEQ and PUC attorney facilitates and oversees the purchase and sale of groundwater and surface water rights, groundwater development, joint use, and water-sharing agreements throughout Texas. When you need legal help with buying or selling water rights or systems, contact our firm right away.
You can trust The Jones Law Firm PC, Attorneys at Law, to consistently work on your behalf when you deal in water and environmental rights and regulations. Attorney Will C. Jones IV has been practicing law in Texas since 1983 and has earned an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®. He has even worked for several years as a surface water reservoir and pipeline construction engineer.
How We Can Help
Our firm can offer you critical legal counsel concerning water systems and aggressive advocacy for investor-owned water utility clients.
The Jones law Firm PC, Attorneys at Law can help with:
- Drafting and negotiating water purchase and sale contracts like water supply agreements
- Water system acquisition and sales
- Drafting and negotiating Utility Service Agreements, for both water and wastewater, and Impact Fee contracts
- Defense of TCEQ enforcement and environmental violation actions
- Water pollution, contamination and damage claims such as migration claims
- Water rights and preservation of landowners' private property interests
- Sales and leasing of water rights for utility and ranching uses
- Retail water rate protests
- General legal counsel for water districts, water supply corporations, state authorities, and utilities
Laws that regulate water use and sale in Texas are complex, but thankfully our Austin TCEQ and PUC lawyer understands how to navigate the relevant legislation and regulations encountered when purchasing water rights and systems and securing water and wastewater rights and LUE's for real estate developments..
Our firm has helped numerous investor-owned water utility clients obtain and expand their water supply systems throughout Texas, including the acquisition of a Municipal Utility District by an Investor-Owned Water Utility. We have also worked alongside Investor-Owned Utilities regarding joint operations with special districts such as Water Control and Improvement Districts (WCIDs).
Take the time to speak with our firm to handle your complicated litigation matter regarding public water rights acquisition.