Water Infrastructure Development Attorneys in Austin
Over 5 Decades of Experienced Legal Guidance
The development of water infrastructure is a complex process that requires legal professionals who are knowledgeable with the Texas Water Code, the Texas Tax Code, the Texas Government Code, and the regulatory bodies related to the delivery of water within the State of Texas.
At The Jones Law Firm PC, our legal team has the experience and skill it takes to help any individual or company move forward with its water infrastructure development project; acquiring rights-of-way, easements, tank sites and crossing agreements; dealing with HOA’s; and obtaining water rights.
How the Jones Law Firm PC Can Help
A key problem in the development of water infrastructure is the need to acquire a reliable source of water close to population centers. Another major issue in water infrastructure development is the need to acquire easements and rights-of-way for water pipelines. Finally, the cost of building out water transmission systems to connect population centers with reliable sources of water supply is often cost-prohibitive for public entities.
One solution is the use of a public-private partnership to develop and operate water infrastructure in much the same way toll roads enable the quick, efficient building of quality highways. Our water infrastructure development attorneys near Austin can provide the legal advice and services you need to identify and execute solutions to hurdles you may have encountered.
At The Jones Law Firm PC, we have extensive experience in the development of water infrastructure on both small and large scales, including:
- Development and management of a water transmission system to serve a major municipality.
- The use of a water supply corporation to obtain easements for a P3.
- Obtaining a 501(c) federal tax exemption for a water supply corporation.
- Development of a long-term agreement between groundwater suppliers, transporters, operators, and end-users of a regional water system.
- Working with Developers of subdivisions to obtain water from retail water providers that have Certificates of Convenience and Necessity (CCN’s) affecting the subdivision.
- Working with retail and wholesale water providers to deliver regulated and unregulated volumes of potable water to the point of use.
- Assisting real estate developers, investor-owned utilities (IOUs), Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs), Water Control and Improvement Districts (WCIDs), and other entities with eminent domain and ad valorem taxation authority to fund and construct water, wastewater, and pipeline projects.
The team at The Jones Law Firm PC has served as outside legal counsel to a public-private partnership for water infrastructure development. The Austin water infrastructure development lawyers at The Jones Law Firm PC have managed the complex regulatory and contractual compliance involved with developing large-scale water infrastructure to serve the growing demand of Central Texans for a reliable water supply in a deal involving multiple lenders, two public entities, and several operators.
For more information about how we can assist you, please schedule a free initial consultation by contacting us online.