Jenny Roan Forgey, an associate at The Jones Law Firm PC, represents and advises Internet Service Providers, water and wastewater utilities, and businesses in regulatory matters, contractual negotiations, business formations, real property transactions, and PUC permitting. Ms. Forgey also represents individuals in estate planning and probate matters.
Ms. Forgey splits her practice evenly between providing outside general counsel services, public entity representation, utility representation, estate planning and probate administration, and small business formation and operations. In particular, Ms. Forgey has experience with P3s, Open Meetings compliance, Public Information Act compliance.
Prior to joining The Jones Law Firm PC, Ms. Forgey attended Baylor Law School where she founded the school’s LEAD Counsel and established the annual Making a Difference Conference. As the former owner and founder of several small businesses, Ms. Forgey understands first-hand the challenges that small business owners can face. She joined the legal profession as a second career, after nearly twenty years in small business, marketing, and public relations, because she wants to provide small and medium-sized businesses with efficient, cost-effective representation.
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, 2018
- Dean's List
- Baylor Law Moot Court Order of the Barristers
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, 1999
Publications & Awards
- Austin Monthly “Top Attorney” in Civil Law – Transactional, 2021
- Baylor Law Review, July 2018 – Let’s Shake On It: Settling with a Municipality When Governmental Immunity Applies
- Professional Track Certificate in Real Estate & Natural Resources, Baylor Law School 2018
- Pro Bono & Public Service Program, Baylor Law School, Bronze Level Award, Spring 2017
- Pro Bono & Public Service Program, Baylor Law School, Bronze Level Award, Spring 2018
- Represent the public partner in a public-private partnership valued at over $1 billion.
- Serve as outside general counsel for public water supply corporation.
- Act as the public information officer for a public entity.
- Represented the seller in a multi-million-dollar acquisition of a federally regulated business.
- Represented a multi-family property owner in a contested case hearing before the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Shepherded an investor-owned water utility through use of the fair market value statute in anticipation of a sale, merger, and transfer application at the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
In her free time, Ms. Forgey can be found spending time with her husband and two children, hiking Austin’s trails, or reading a good book. A native Austinite, Ms. Forgey loves all things Austin.